I don't understand the relationship between this setting and those in the
log4j.properties. So do you have any idea whether setting the logger-level
in the Domain.xml causes a performance hit? Ie. by enabling "level 7"
logging paths in the Slide server that would normally be skipped over?

I'm wondering whether I should leave this setting at level 7 on a running
system, or whether it will slow the server down. Or if I set the
logging-level lower eg. "1" will I still be able to get more verbose levels
of trace out of the server by changing log4j.properties?

Thanks,
Warwick