I have been trying to experiment with the various settings for auto-version specified in section 3.2.2 of the DeltaV RFC. I am either not understanding one of these options, or it is not operating as it should.

I have set the auto-version parameter to "checkout" in Domain.xml like this:

<parameter name="auto-version">checkout</parameter>

I am using the KDE webadv:// protocol and Windows Web Folders as my dumb clients, DAV Explorer as my smart client.

If I create a new file with DAV Explorer then the behaviour works as expected, the dumb clients only put the file in the checkout state, then I must use the smart client to check it in when complete.

However, if I try to use a file in the repository from before the configuration change, the old auto-version behaviour persists. Is this auto-version behaviour tied to every single file as it is created?? I can't seem to get any information on the auto-version property using a DASL search, it is always listed in the 404 response section. Is there a way to change the auto-version behaviour on a previously created resource?

Tim