Using that large collections is certainly discouraged. Would you put
2000 files into a folder and browse with Windows explorer? Certainy
not...

Just think of the gigantic XML that has to be build and and parsed
again on such a propfind. Given that 30 to 40 seconds does not look
that bad.

By the way, *adding* a bunch of children to such large collection
really should be very slow...

Oliver