You can fetch the "version-set" property on the resource to get the list of
versions (VHRs or version history records) but the set is not always ordered
from earliest to latest, etc. You may need to sort it to ensure the right
order and so be able to choose what the previous version to the current.

In my case my application has a "doc version" object that I keep to
represent each version so when a new version is created I fetch the
"checked-in" property to get the VHR of my latest version then store the VHR
in the doc version object. The VHR is the path to the history object for
that version. When I roll back a version I delete the latest doc version in
my application and fetch the previous and then update the version of the doc
to be the previous VHR stored in that doc version object.

So for WebDAV the UPDATE method changes the "working" version of a file kept
under /files to reference the VHR that you choose. Eg.

result = content.updateMethod("/slide/files/A",
"http://machine/slide/history/1/A_1.3";);

The <vhr> above needs to be a full URL (I think). At least that's the way
that I'm using it right now and it works. But if the <vhr> you choose isn't
the latest on the branch then the file effectively becomes read-only unless
you enable version forking. If you enable version forking then the next time
you checkout/in the file you will gate version 1.3.1 -- for the above
example where A was at v1.3.

Warwick