From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 18 de Janeiro de 2005 16:53
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: ldap securitystore / problem configuring simple example
JAASAuthentication

Hi Jason,

First of all, I want to thank you for your prompt and clear answers!
Thanks!

> LDAP is a good candidate for this. It is a standard and fairly well
> supported, so integrating third-party applications should be easier than
> with a custom solution.
I taught about it as well, but our application is completely
self-contained and written in native Java. So if we choose LDAP as user
base, we have to provide a (fully configured) LDAP server as well, because
we can't make knowledge about LDAP a requirement for our product. It
should work out-of-the-box. Our product is available for lots of
platforms, so we have to find LDAP servers on all the platforms, or a
fully implemented LDAP server in Java. As far as I know there aren't any
java open source LDAP servers, except the JavaLDAP project of Clayton
Donley (not finished) and the commercialization of it.

> If you can store your user and role information in a location Slide
> understands, that will make your life easier.
Which locations does Slide understand?
- LDAP (via JNDIPrincipalStore)
- ...

Thanks!