Hi James,

> If your application is going to be marketed toward medium-to-large
> companies, LDAP support could end up being a deal-maker for you. I know
> that it's one of the standard requirements we have for any software we
> purchase. It's enough of a hassle to manage 18,000 users in one
> location, we don't need any more :).

I agree. Indeed, LDAP seems the best solution.

One should not focus only to centralize the user information of his own
application, but it should be stored together with user information of
other applications, in one central place.

I hope to get impressed by Apache DS ;-), so it can be embedded in our
application and used by default (for people who don't have a central LDAP
server available. Like I said before, we can't make having an LDAP server
a requirement, but we should indeed make it possible to use the company
LDAP server!

Thanks for your suggestions!

David.

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: