Just a guess, but it may be due to the fact that Vision was a third party product.

Office products have the libraries built-in to allow them to access webfolders, but other windows apps ( such as wordpad ) do not.

Maybe MS have not changed the original visio source enough to incorporate the webfolder library code.

????

Tom Parker wrote:

Stefan,

I have not seen this problem with MS Visio documents but it is sounds like a
problem I documented with another document management system I sometimes
work with.

The problem we ran into was some MS Office documents can't be opened via
url.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810582
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303650

Our workaround was the client always had to open access files via the
proprietary client software.

Regards,
Tom