From: "Patrick van Kann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:27:39
To:<slide-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Serving slide content from another webapp

Hello,

I have a requirement that means developers need to be able to edit JSP files
(i.e. get and put from a WebDAV-aware IDE) on a Slide WebDAV server. I
understand that this requires the disabling of the JSP servlet for the Slide
app (otherwise it intercepts puts and gets before the WebDAV servlet gets them)

However, I need to be able to execute the JSP files from a browser or IDE
during development (round-tripping), and also provide a "public" website that
allows non-developer users to access the JSPs.

Is it possible to create a new "read-only" webapp that serves content from the
same Slide repository as my Slide webapp (without being Slide/WebDAV enabled)?
For example, it seems that Cocoon has a module that uses the "slide://" prefix
to access a slide domain's content - is there anything like this available for
non-Cocoon apps?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Mike Oliver
CTO, Alarius Systems LLC
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Sent using my BlackBerry 6510 from Nextel