From: Zoltan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 February 2005 06:23 PM
To: 'Slide Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: failed to programatically upload file

Hello Clive,

I followed your suggestion and it worked! Thanks a lot.

So the wdr.putMethod(fileName) will work only if passed the complete URL to
the Slide server concatenated with the name of the file to upload? If yes,
this is not very clearly documented...

Regards,
Zoltan

Hi,

I had the same problem; try doing the following:

File fn = new File(fileName);
String path = "http://localhost:8080/slide/files/"; + fn.getName();
wdr.putMethod(path, fn);

Hope that helps!
Clive

Hello,

I have downloaded and deployed slide.war to my Jboss 4.0.1 deploy folder
(under Windows XP SP1).
On the client side, I have jakarta-slide-webdavlib-2.1.jar in my build path.
I've tried to upload a file using the following snippet of code:
       try

        {

            HttpURL hrl = new HttpURL(url);

            WebdavResource wdr = new WebdavResource(hrl);

            File fn = new File(fileName);

            wdr.putMethod(fn);

            wdr.close();

        }

        catch(MalformedURLException mue)

        {

            String msg = "(UploadFile) execute : wrong fileName passed: " +
fileName;
            log.debug (msg, mue);
        }

        catch(HttpException he)
        {
            String msg = "(UploadFile) execute : HTTP exception occured ";
            log.debug (msg, he);
        }
        catch(IOException ioe)
        {
            String msg = "(UploadFile) execute : IO exception occured ";
            log.debug (msg, ioe);
        }
At run-time the url passed is : http://localhost:8080/slide/files and the
fileName is /DJ/images/16.jpg (the correct location of the file on my local
machine).
The upload fails and I see the following on the Jboss console:

12:05:31,359 INFO  [STDOUT] http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor24, 08-Feb-2005
12:05:31, unauthenticated, PROPFIND, 207 "Multi-Status", 31 ms, /files

12:05:31,578 INFO  [STDOUT] http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor24, 08-Feb-2005
12:05:31, unauthenticated, PUT, 403 "Forbidden", 0 ms, /files

I read some articles about authentication problems with Slide and, as a
result, I have modified the domain.xml file like:

                <permission action="all" subject="/roles/root"
inheritable="true"/>

                <permission action="/actions/read-acl" subject="all"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>

                <permission action="/actions/write-acl" subject="all"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>

                <permission action="/actions/unlock" subject="all"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>

                <permission action="/actions/read" subject="all"
inheritable="true"/>

                <!-- /users -->

                <objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users">

                    <permission action="all" subject="self"
inheritable="true"/>

                    <!--<permission action="all" subject="unauthenticated"
inheritable="true" negative="true"/>-->

                    <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/guest"/>

                    <!-- /users/root represents the administrator -->

                    <objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users/root">

                        <revision>

                            <property
namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"; name="password"/>

                        </revision>

                    </objectnode>

                    <!-- /users/john and /users/john2 represent
authenticated users -->

                    <objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users/john">

                        <revision>

                            <property
namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"; name="password"/>

                        </revision>

                    </objectnode>

                    <objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users/john2">

                        <revision>

                            <property
namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"; name="password"/>

                        </revision>

                    </objectnode>

                    <!-- /users/guest represents an authenticated or
unauthenticated guest user -->

                    <objectnode
classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/users/guest">

                        <revision>

                            <property
namespace="http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/"; name="password"/>

                        </revision>

                    </objectnode>

                </objectnode>

Note: I don't have any problems in uploading the same file using the slide
client:

[LOCALHOST:/slide/files/] C:\jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1\bin $ put
/dj/images/16.jpg
Could anyone tell me what do I do wrong? Is there a configuration issue?
Kind regards,

Zoltan Lazar