Following the thread on this list, "Subscribing for event notification", I've attempted to create similar code that will subscribe using tomcat server.
I get an error during the notificationListener.subscribe() call like this:

"Feb 24, 2005 12:18:31 PM org.apache.webdav.lib.NotificationListener subscribe
SEVERE: Subscription for uri='calendars/dnovice' failed. State: 501"

Is this supposed to work? Any pointers to how to debug this for more information?

Here's my code:

NotificationListener nl = new NotificationListener( "localhost", 3500,
"vpn9.cisco.com", 8080,
Protocol.getProtocol("http"),
creds, "/webdav",60, true ); // 60 is just in case of UDP failure.
nl.subscribe( "Update/newmember",
"calendars/dnovice",
DepthSupport.DEPTH_1,
3600,
86400,
new Subscriber() {
public void notify(String uri, Map information) {
System.out.println("Event occured : " + uri );
}
},
creds );