Sorry, don't bother.

It works now - I just found out that

public void addPropertyToSet(java.lang.String name,
                             java.lang.String value,
                             java.lang.String namespace,
                             java.lang.String namespaceInfo)

accepts null for the "namespace" String and the "real" namespace is in namespaceInfo.

Ralph Scheuer

Am 25.02.2005 um 16:05 schrieb Ralph Scheuer:

Hi everybody,

I am successfully using SLIDE client with Exchange Server 2003 for querying (thanks for the great job btw!).

However, now I am trying to modify data via PropPatchMethod. My first attempt was using WebdavResource.proppatchmethod which worked but I need to execute a PropPatchMethod only because WebdavResource does a PROPFIND after the PROPPATCH (which fails when Exchange changes the target file name).

When I build my Hashtable for resource.proppatchMethod(Hashtable xy, boolean x), I do something like this:

props.put(new PropertyName("urn:schemas:calendar:", "location"), appt.location());

which works successfully. However, when I construct the PropPatchMethod "by hand" using

public void addPropertyToSet(java.lang.String name,
                             java.lang.String value,
                             java.lang.String namespace,
                             java.lang.String namespaceInfo)

I do not know what to write into the namespace and namespace info fields because I have no clue what "namespace abbreviation" and "namespace info" should be... I have tried something like this:

ppm.addPropertyToSet("location", appt.location(), "dummy", "urn:schemas:calendar:");

where I have used "dummy" to provide an arbitrary string or to get some kind of useful error but it doesn't seem so...

Can anybody tell me which parameters I have to pass to this method to make it work correctly?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ralph