From: Luke Noel-Storr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 16 de Março de 2005 12:34
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: DASL questions

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked an answered previously, only there no
longer seems to be a search feature on the mail asrchive, and searching
it with Google returned nothing helpful.

Miguel>   There is a site that is taking care of it now. It's independent
Miguel> from Apache, but it's better than nothing. Also I believe that the
Miguel> archive at http://www.archivum.info/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/
Miguel> only contains the last six months... again, it's better than
Miguel> nothing. The development mailing list is also being archived.

Anyway, I have a couple of problems using DASL:

Firstly setting the depth to infinity, seem to actually set it to
somewhere around 3, rather than infinity.  For example, if I have the
following:

<D:scope>
    <D:href>project/Demo/data/funds</D:href>
    <D:depth>infinity</D:depth>
</D:scope>

no results are returned, but if I use:

<D:scope>
    <D:href>project/Demo/data/funds/1002</D:href>
    <D:depth>infinity</D:depth>
</D:scope>

two results are returned.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug (or just how it works)?

Miguel> I believe you're using it correctly. Check the depth-limit parameter
Miguel> in the WEB-INF\web.xml file of slide webapp:
Miguel> " This init-parameter determines the depth limit for PROPFIND and
Miguel> other    methods, to avoid performance hits on the server for
Miguel> requests with infinite depth. The default value is '3'."

Next, when I've tried to use database powered DASL serach by adding the
following line to my config

<parameter name="use-rdbms-expression-factory">true</parameter>

I get the following warning:

16 Mar 2005 12:30:46 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - WARNING -
http8080-Processor25, 16-Mar-2005 12:30:46, luke, SEARCH, 400 "Bad
Request", 750 ms, /files

and no results.  The line above in my log files shows the SQL that was
being executed, and it seems the problem is that it isn't Oracle
friendly.  Any suggestions?

Miguel> Hmm... that's the trick part. Are you using the oracle rdbms
Miguel> adapter?

Cheers

Luke.
-----