Hello Darren,

 I don't know if it is that simple as your configuration seems to be.
Anyway, could you try and add the drive letter for the workpath also?
Perhaps it gives a different error :)

 Best regards,
 Miguel

____

Hi Miguel,
Thank you for your input.  Unfortunately, I already considered the
transaction-nature of these stores, and the work/'metadata' and
work/'content' related directories are still on regular filesystem, not
pointing to the read-only CD/DVD.

Example:
<parameter name="rootpath">e:/kbstore/metadata</parameter>
<parameter name="workpath">work/metadata2</parameter>

This is where e:/ is the CD drive, and 'work' is still the relative BIN
path of Tomcat with r/w access.

Unfortunately, one of the concerns is that I purposely want to keep the
DAV properties metadata that is stored via TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore. I
think SimpleStore only handles files/content, not the metadata.  And I
do not know of any metadata stores that can read the files generated by
TxXMLFileDescriptorsStore.

Hopefully I'm wrong?  Any feedback please!

-D