From: Paul Dorman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quinta-feira, 7 de Abril de 2005 1:41
To: slide-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Circular folders in Windows XP

Hi all,

we have a simple WebDAV repository set up and our primary clients are
Windows XP machines. I can get around the issue of domain passwords by
using this format when setting up a new webfolder:

http://webdav:/slide/

The colon seems to help nicely :o)

The problem now is that when you create a new folder (collection) in
Windows XP, you see the same folder inside itself over and over again.
So:

New folder->New folder->New folder...

If I look at the properties in Windows it never stops telling me how
many subfolders there are. But in DAVExplorer or Nautilus I only see the
one collection.

Has anyone seen this problem before? It's bizarre to say the least! On
top of that, hitting 'refresh' seems to kill the behaviour in an
inconsistent way (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't).

One other note, is there any way to improve auto-versioning
compatibility with Windows XP?

Cheers,
Paul