Hi Martin,

I'm not using RDBMS at all...just FileSystemStore (or whatever the class name is), so it sounds like this probably isn't the same thing.

Thanks though.

Scott

Martin Kalén wrote:

Scott Lewis wrote:

We are working with/using the Slide libraries (2.1RC1) on Tomcat (v 5.0.28 currently). We are having what seems to be a deadlock condition inside the Slide server code.

Are you using different RDBMS-based stores pointing to the same database?

I have a reproducable case where Slide from CVS HEAD (pre-2.2) deadlocks
if permissions for two stores are configured to the same DB through
DBCP pools in each store.

(My usage pattern is that I share permissions in DB but have content for
one URL-tree on disk and content for another URL-tree in RDBMS.)

When Slide loads the initial permissions entries from Domain.xml on
a blank DB it will deadlock when it tries to grant permission on one
store and calls assertUri for the root note just created by the other
store.

I haven't had time to debug this further or work on a patch, but you
can easily verify if your condition is similar by starting Tomcat in
JPDA debug mode, attach a debugger with the Slide source code available
and check if the deadlock is in a executeUpdate call to your JDBC driver
called from grantPermission and assertUri on top of that in the stack.

Regards,
 Martin