Hi Phil,

if you mean that removing ACL from Domain.xml should remove them from slide, i
do not agree with you. Domain.xml contains data that must be put in slide,
however, that does not mean existing datas has to be discarded. If i put a
permission on a Collection using DAVExplorer, i don't want to see this
permission removed each time i restart the application just because it's not
in my Domain.xml, so on this point i'll consider the fact old ACL are not
removed as an excpected behaviour, same goes for node metadatas and
everything else in Domain.xml.

Now if you mean new ACLs do not get read from Domain.xml when Domain.xml
changes, i can tell the problem does not arise with slide 2.1 and the oracle
jdbc store.

I also have to mention a strange behaviour of ACL, they are not implemented as
Access Control List, but as Access control Set (aka duplicates entries are
not allowed), and this lead to some management problems, especially when you
want to add a temporary rule on top of the acl and the pair principal+action
already exist for the node.
This for example is impossible to do on a node:

/roles/manager all allow
all /actions/read deny
/roles/manager all allow
all /action/read allow

However there are cases when the app may want to put a specific set of ACLs on
top of an existing one for a specific period of time.

Regards
--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?