> I want to use slide as a document store with Jrun4, however all I see is
> talk of tomcat and use of the server. I want to integrate the slide
> project into my existing app and use it as a persistence tier for
> documents (with meta-data).

If you don't want to use WebDAV, just Slide API (no need for server then),
read http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/Sample_API_application.

> I would be VERY grateful for confirmation that slide will work with JRUN
> (is anyone on here using it with JRUN.

I think it will work. Slide requires any application server so JRun should
be fine. The only work you need to do is configure webapps in configuration
file (path, context name, optionally data source).

> What are the steps req'd to get it working with jrun?. Pointers to any
> documents that specificailly talk of integration with java apps (as
> opposed to webdav or standalone server deployment) would be appreciated.

Read JRun manual, should be enough.

> One final thing, I noticed the archives are not searchable, I wanted to
> search for keyword "Jrun" but cant find a search tool/interface. Only
> listing of threads by date :-(

Use google search with phrase: "site:http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user
jrun".

Tomek Majchrzak