Hello,

I've deployed a clean installation of Slide 2.1 (as a webapp/.war), and configured it to be used with MySQL 4.1 which works like a charm. However, when I try to upload several files that takes a while to transfer at once to a directory they seem to be uploaded sequentially which hinders concurrent performance when many users put files. I noticed the configuration-parameter "sequential-mode" that was set to full in the base installation of slide:

           <!-- Can be "off", "write" and "full" -->
           <parameter name="sequential-mode">full</parameter>

But when I change it to "off" to allow concurrent puts of files, all PUT's done while another one is currently uploading eventually fails, with a Deadlock-error in the logs (see below). Is it not possible to turn off the sequential-mode to achieve better concurrency in Slide, or have I configured slide wrong in any way?

Regards, Peder

02 Jul 2005 00:00:53 - org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter - ERROR - SQL error 1205 on /files/test/David_o_Mickey_02.tif: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting transaction message from server: "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction" java.sql.SQLException: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting transaction message from server: "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction"
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1906)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.nextRow(MysqlIO.java:997)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.getResultSet(MysqlIO.java:296)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1325)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2247)
at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1586) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92) at org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.retrieveObject(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:273) at org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.AbstractRDBMSStore.retrieveObject(AbstractRDBMSStore.java:416) at org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.retrieveObject(AbstractStore.java:594) at org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore.retrieveObject(ExtendedStore.java:574)
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceAccessException: Service [EMAIL PROTECTED] access error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting transaction message from server: "Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction" at org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter.createException(MySqlRDBMSAdapter.java:66) at org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.retrieveObject(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:350) at org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.AbstractRDBMSStore.retrieveObject(AbstractRDBMSStore.java:416) ...