From: Thomas Bellembois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 29 de Março de 2006 13:16
To: Slide Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: How to restore Slide resources ?

Hello !

Sorry, I have just noticed that my explanations are not very clear...
I will try to re-explain :-)
What I wanted to say is that I think that we could save and restore the
ENTIRE Slide content and metadata just by saving the content and
metadata root path. Usefull if the Slide backend crashes...
At the University of Rennes 1 we intend to use a SAN(NAS) for the Slide
backend. This SAN makes snapshots everyday of each file/directory so
that a user can restore its documents up to 1 week ago.
But with Slide, to restore just one part of the tree (for example a user
homedir), I am not sure that we could just restore one directory (and
attached metadata) and restart the server.
Some French universities are waiting for this kind of functionnalities
to use Slide in a production use.
Hope it is more clear.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Thomas

Max Pfingsthorn a écrit :

>Hi!
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. What do you mean by resources?
Can you explain a bit more?