Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 10/17/07, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ...Let's consider an example with a page node which has a header, footer
>> and content node. Rendering of the page node is always the same (header,
>> content, footer). Now, with these references it's possible to reference
>> parts of the page from a template or master page. And the page rendering
>> does not need to know these things....
>
> IIUC this means you want to put nodes in the content, which are here
> just to define how that content is rendered? Sounds like I'd get a
> slap on my fingers if I did that in school ;-)

:) Hmm, no, it's a little different I think/hope. Let's forget about
this page/header/footer example which might be a bad one for this feature.

Perhaps this reference thing doesn't make sense and I'm totally off
track, but what about creating artifical views for lets say document
collections.

So, you have a node storing all documents as sub nodes. Now, you want to
make a view on these documents containing just a bunch of them. With the
references, you create a "view node" containing several reference nodes
and are done.

Does this make sense?

Carsten

--