Am Dienstag, den 06.11.2007, 14:46 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Felix Meschberger wrote:

> >> Yes, getInputStream is enough, but I think we need a getContentType() as
> >> well - or add it as a predefined constant to the ResourceMetadata.
> >
> > Not sure, whether Content Type is what we really need. To create a
> > reader the character encoding would be required. Adding such a constant
> > to the resource metadata (default to UTF-8 if missing) sounds
> > reasonable.
> >
> Hmm, yes, for character encoding makes sense for this; but I thought of
> content type :) So I have a chance to detect if it's either text, xml,
> an image etc.

How about defining metadata properties for the
nt:folder/nt:file/nt:resource metadata information: creation time, last
modification time, character encoding, content type. For nt:file nodes,
this could be deduced from the respective properties while for other
nodes it is up to the implementation whether such properties exist or
not.

Now, this gets long :-)