From: Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:24:46
To:sling-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [RT] Shall we merge microsling into Sling?

Probably not quite. If we intend microsling to be an entry level Sling,
we have to make sure, that every script and content used in microsling
may still be used in Sling. Therefore, I rather see microsling as a
pre-canned (stripped-down) Sling.

For example: Sling has a Configuration Admin Service and the Sling
console. microsling will contain neither of both (out of the box).
Actual extensibility of this stripped-down microsling may be documented
somewhere, but would be of no issue to users of microsling.

We should not forget one thing: microsling is a single project
containing (almost) anything, where as Sling (and the new microsling or
minisling or whatever) will also be built out of multiple projects. I
don't think this is an issues because when we can launch the new
microsling easily, the internals are not really important as long as we
can connect with WebDAV and simply add scripts and data....