Alexander Saar wrote:
Hi Felix,

Am 20.02.2008 um 17:06 schrieb Felix Meschberger:

The implementations are private to the sling/core module and remain
private. So you may not even think of reusing them.... But as I said in
reply to Carsten, mocking a request is not a good solution anyway.

Makes sense and from the viewpoint of an application developer this looks as the cleaner way.

So if we go that way, what will be the best start? OK, obviously filing a JIRA issue is the first step :-) But then we need to think about how to change the DefaultSlingServlet. After some testing I noticed that adding the request reader directly to the SlingBindings is only the first step. Additionally the verifySlingBindings() needs to be reworked as it checks presence of request, response and resource. The question is what are the minimum requirements (properties of SlingBindings) for scripting engines to execute a script and only the existence of those properties should be checked.

Agreed, thinking of scripts as a multi-purpose tool I can use to script everything in my application (like a workflow, rule processing, you name it), the minimum requirements should be very low. For now, I think the only requirement should be the logger.

However, if the script is used in a request-response-cycle than the minimum should include the request, response and resource.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]