Hi all,

As a side effect of the Resource tree stuff we recently implemented, it
is now possible to address server-side scripts and have them executed
without the need to create some repository node with a resource type
pointing to the script. This may be of use in certain administrative use
cases.

Currently, this direct execution is only possible if the request
contains an extension. That is, for a given script /path/script.esp, the
script will only be executed when requested as
http://host/path/script.esp.html. If requested as
http://host/path/script.esp, the script would not be executed but
treated as any resource would be.

This though leaves to problems discussed in this thread if the script
resource itself is to be rendered. So I switched of this self-executing
functionality for now (it is not used anyway AFAIK, and directly
addressed servlets are not influenced as the resource type of servlets
points to the servlet itself).

I would like to poll you opinions on this matter:

   [ ] Don't ever excute directly addressed scripts
   [ ] Execute if some of the selectors has a certain value
       (e.g. last selector is "exec")
   [ ] Execute if there is an extension
   [ ] Execute unless there is a special request header
       (e.g. X-Sling-Exec)

Thanks and Regards