>  > ... In addition, I also suggest to not limit this special casing to the GET
>
> >  method. This would just create such a SyntheticStarResource for any
>  >  request  ...
>

> We don't want a SyntheticStarResource for POST, do we? That might
>  interfere with the way we handle POST to *, see SLING-343 for example.
yes, i think we do. currently this is a special case in the ujax post
servlet and i think it can
be nicer handled if we would have a StarResource instead of explicitly
checking for * in the servlet.
further more, a POST to /*.html could be a good hint for a redirect or
indicator for the type of status response (e.g. a /*.json could
produce a JSON status response).

> >  SyntheticStarResource completely and have the
>  >  NonExistingResource.adaptTo(Node.class) method return this fake node.
>  >  (or have an extension of the NonExistingResource class in the
>  >  jcr/resource bundle, which implements this adapter and which is returned
>
> >  by the resolve method)...
>
>  Conceptually I think this star resource is more a "synthetic" resource
>  than a "non existing" resource - viewed from the client side the
>  resource does exist, it is just internally that it doesn't have any
>  storage.
>
>  I'd be open to have SyntheticStarResource extend NonExistingResource
>  instead of SyntheticResource as it does now, but I'm not sure what
>  that would bring.
i agree with bertrand that it makes sense to differentiate between
non-existing and star.

regards,
--
Toby