Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

... Therefore I propose to change the name to catapult for the whole project....

+1st - that's a great idea, I agree that what we do is larger than
just a Sling - it is really a Catapult!

But it might be too late...that name is so great that apparently
people stole it the day you mentioned it, and created their little
startup with that name. I'm sure the folks at www.catapult.com would
sue us (that'd be you I guess) immediately if the name changed, or
maybe a bit later, once Sling (er..Catapult) takes over the software
world.

So I guess the change is too risky - or at least that's where we stand today.

Ah, no, that's not a problem at all; they sell hardware, we do software. And I already asked our legal committee and as long as we refer to our project as "Apache Catapult" we are absolutely safe.

So, great, I've your +1 and Felix +1, so I can go ahead.

Btw, we should do some nice t-shirts which we can give away next week at the ApacheCon.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]