Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:50 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Author: cziegeler
 Date: Mon Apr 14 07:50:40 2008
 New Revision: 647820

... Remove intermediate reactor builds...

Why?

Good question.... :)

Just curious, I know you have more experience with Maven than I do - I
thought having samples/pom.xml for example, made the samples build
more modular.

Yes, that's right - actually I'm not really sure why we did it in the first way for the other sub projects (like scripting, commons etc.). I just wanted to use the same mechanism for the whole project :)

Adding everything to the root reactor pom gives a nice overview in one place of all sub projects, adding intermediate reactor builds makes building complete sub trees easier.

Afaik, there is no maven problem with doing it one way or the other, so we can do it either way as long as we are consistent.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]