Hi,

Am 16.04.2008 um 11:28 schrieb Felix Meschberger:

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.04.2008, 11:11 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Felix Meschberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

... We could of course add a setting to force overwrite:

  <Sling-InitialContent>
      /content;overwrite:=true
  </Sling-InitialContent>

Without this setting (or having it set to false), content is never
overwritten....

Good idea to set this per bundle - in this way, the bundle author
decides, and we can keep our simple rules.

+1 to this, or to Carsten's expanded version with a per-bundle and
per-path setting.

To clarify: Carsten and my proposal are the same. My setting is also
intended for a per-path setting much like we already have proposed for
auto-checkin on versionable nodes.

I like the proposal very much, as it would support my needs during development.

But in future there might be more complex cases where you have to consider the (maybe modified) content in detail - or want to change the content for the new bundle version - if you update bundles on several production installations (guess that's what Philipp wanted to mention). For that purposes it would be nice if one could embed the update procedure directly into the new (updated) bundle.

Maybe by adding an update handler:

<Sling-InitialContent>
        /content;update:=org.example.MyUpdateHandler
</Sling-InitialContent>

But we can save that for future releases, I guess. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Regards,
Alex