Felix Meschberger wrote:

I was thinking about this option, too. But it has IMO two drawbacks: (1)
It mixes API and implementation and requires two bundles to export
things. The more problematic drawback is, that consuming bundles wire to
either the client or server bundle when using the Jackrabbit API. When
the client and/or server bundle is updated, all these consuming bundles
need to be rewired, which could amount to a big load of rewirings.
Ah, yes, right.

In the case of having a separate API bundle, the update of the client
and server bundles would only have an influence on the components using
the registered services but not on all wirings.
Yes, although of course the jackrabbit api and impl (being it server or client) have to match.

I haven't looked yet, but do we need the jackrabbit api currently at all in Sling (I mean is it imported from any other bundle than client or server)?

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]