Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.06.2008, 15:56 +0200 schrieb Erik Buene:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Erik Buene wrote:
> >> The custom handler on both server instances in the cluster (nodes in
> >> the cluster) receives the event (the custom event, not the first
> >> org/apache/sling/event/job), and on both instances there is no
> >> application.id - which means both instances treats it as being a
> >> "local" event, and starts to process it.
> > Argh, ok, then this is definitly a bug, could you try to debug the
> > problem? Or could you set the logger to level DEBUG and provide the logs?
> >
> Decided to go for a custom WebDav bundle for now, as I haven't got any
> more time for banging my head against the wall just now. But if I find
> some time I will debug this.
>
> Btw. maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have sling fire OSGi events
> on some WebDav methods by default (PUT, DELETE, LOCK,  UNLOCK)?

This sounds intriguing at first sight. Any opinions on that ?

Implementation is really simply as there is a single method, which we
may overwrite to catch the situation (and even be able to know whether
the method was handled by the WebDAVServlet or not) and send events. We
could do so for all events or just for select events.

We could send events asynchronously (probably better) or synchronously
(probably not in light of client-side performance hit of synchronous
event handling, but there might be reasons ...).

WDYT ?