Jukka Zitting wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm, don't know - noone came up with this *before* doing the release. :)

I was expecting that we'd do a single release, not dozens of them at
the same time. :-)

In the end I see no real difference, you have to check the same amount of
files, being it in one package or in 50. Separating this into several
packages makes imho detecting stuff easier and might allow us to release at
least some parts of it (if some other parts do not meet the release criteria
- although I'm very confident that we did it right).

There's a big difference between one release with many components and
many releases each with one component. Think about an end user that
wants to download the release sources and build them. With this
release structure they'd need to separately download almost 50
different packages, check all their signatures, and build them in the
correct sequence that AFAIK is nowhere defined.

With this release structure I don't think anyone in their right mind
would care to download the sources and build them, and that's IMHO a
bad thing.

Hmm, ok, this depends of course on your use case - but I see your point. So what about if I just rebundle the sources in one huge file, add a convenience maven pom and exclude the launchpad app/webapp and the apt stuff as they are broken? So we can get most of the stuff out of the door.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]