Jukka Zitting wrote:
As discussed in [1], the consensus on legal-discuss seems to be that
the license is OK for us, so I'm lifting this -1.
Great :)

However, we should do something about the top level NOTICE and LICENSE
files, so I'm still -1 on the release as-is. Also, it worries me that
things like the W3C copyright and license information from the
jackrabbit-core dependency are nowhere mentioned. Is it expected that
users should go through two levels of jar packaging to find all the
relevant license and copyright information?
No, of course not :)

So I hereby cancel the vote to fix these remaining issues.

We will revert the automatic generation of the NOTICE files and go back to the hand edited version. Felix and I will go through the whole list of bundles and check each and every bundle. Most of them should be ok, but as you pointed out, the jackrabbit bundles need more info.

The launchpad app/webapp will get an aggregated version of these NOTICE files (also done by hand) and we'll do the same for the top level NOTICE file of the source release.

Once we're finished I would like that some people check the NOTICE files *before* I cut a new release. It would be great, Jukka, if you could check them at that point as well.

We will delay the next try a little bit and wait for a new release of the Felix SCR bundle - there's a bug in the current implementation and we would like to have a bug free version included in Sling. Felix will start the vote for the SCR bundle asap. So if everything works well, we can expect to cut a new release candidate by next monday. This should give us enough time to fix and check the NOTICE files.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]