Hi Juerg,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:58 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...I've been looking for the Sling ESP reference documentation, but google was
> not really helpful in this. Can somebody point to some doc?...

Unfortunately not, we don't have serious docs for that at the moment.

The language itself is ECMAscript, powered by Rhino,
http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/

The transformation of ESP templates to javascript code is done by the
org.apache.sling.scripting.javascript.io.EspReader, the javadoc there
has some info, and see the tests in the EspReaderTest class.

The built-in variables that are available in ESP scripts are defined
by the DefaultSlingScript.verifySlingBindings() method.

The "sling" built-in variable is a SlingScriptHelper, so al methods of
that interface are available.

The sling/scripting module tests, and the launchpad/webapp integration
tests, demonstrate many ESP features - I'd like to be able to generate
docs automatically from those tests at some point, but for now you'll
have to dig in for more info.

-Bertrand