Hi Felix

>  We support a special header asking for 200-only responses. The
>>> SlingMaingServlet wraps the response such, that the setStatus code is
>>> ignored. In this case, the response would also be set non-cacheable and a
>>> log message (maybe even a request progress tracker entry) would be
>>> emitted
>>> about this fact.
>>>

>> You mean, the setStatus is ignored for the HTTP status but it is put into
>> the response body, right? Handling cache headers for the embedded Flash
>> Player is also quite delicate: You must set it to e.g. "Cache-Control:
>> no-store" and remove any Pragma headers. Many other configurations don't
>> work (yes, it's <put in your favorite word for these kind of
>> implementations>).
>>

> Hmm, we can of course inspect the HTTP version of the request and not send
> the Pragma header. Regarding the Cache-Control: I would think, we would just
> set about any no-* flag on that header. This should not bomb ...

If Pragma is set to any value, Flash can not receive data in IE over SSL. I
summed up the problem in a blog,
http://faindu.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/ie7-ssl-xml-flex-error-2032-stream-error/

> If requirements get too specific, I would suggest to introduce a request
> level filter, which implements this kind of functionality, it would be
> easier and better to handle anyway I think ...
>
> I'm not familiar enough with Sling to discuss the implementation but it
sounds like a typical filtering task to me. I'm not aware of any other
technology that only handles 200 responses, so it is anyway a Flash/IE
specific solution.

Marc