Thanks for the feedback, Bertrand. I'm happy to provide this minor patch.
However, it seems the new proposal of Felix about ResourceResolverFactory,
http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/add-resourceresolverfactory-service-interface.html,
also allows my use case. So should you find agreement on the proposal
and
implement it in the next weeks, I'm fine with waiting for it.

Marc