Hi all,

when working on "Import" servlets I stumbled upon the problem that
servlets registered under selectors don't get called for non-existing
resources.

The use case is that you POST or PUT a file to a certain path, eg.
/content/foo/i18n, which does not exist yet, and there should be a
servlet handling the import and create a custom jcr node structure
from the file contents (eg. an i18n dictionary in the example).

Now in current Sling, if you register the servlet for the
"sling/servlet/default" resource type and make it handle a special
selector (say "i18n"), it won't get triggered if the path does not
exist, but rather the standard sling POST servlet is triggered and
creates unwanted nodes/properties depending of the request's contents.
It would be cool to get the NonExistingResource in the servlet and
have the servlet create the path itself.

Did I miss something or is this really not possible at the moment? And
if not, would it make sense to change the servlet resolution for that
case?

Regards,
Alex

--