Hi Vidar,

Vidar Ramdal schrieb:
>>> I'm unable to build Sling at the moment (fresh checkout, clean install):
>>> INFO] Compilation failure
>>> [...]
>>> I see Felix (Meschberger) has updated the dependency to (Apache) Felix
>>> Framework 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT - maybe something has changed in
>>> 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT since then?
>
>> What platform (OS, Java Version, Maven Version) are you using in this
>> failed build ?
>
> OS X 10.5.6, Java 1.6 (also tried 1.5, same result), Maven 2.0.7
>
> I looked into the .jars downloaded by Maven (both
> org.apache.felix.framework-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
> org.apache.felix.framework-1.5.0-20090217.191803-5.jar), and they both
> include the two missing constants in org.osgi.framework.Constants.
>
> Can we exclude the OSGi Core jar from the launchpad/base build?

No, this is not an option, since the framework jar does not contain the
complete OSGi core library, just the stuff, which is extended/overwritten.

I would assume that this problem is a consequence of Maven's age old
issue of not guaranteeing the order of the dependencies for the class
path. As Carsten tells me Maven 2.0.9 contains some ordering fixes while
Maven 2.0.10 which has just been releaed is more complete in this respect.

Also, since Carsten and others using OSX (I am running Linux) with Maven
2.0.9 never had the issue, you might want to try that or even Maven 2.0.10.

Hope this helps.