I was wondering about this too.

I think the issue is that the overwrite appears to happen from the top level directory (e.g. /apps), and content is literally replaced with exactly what is in the overwriting bundle. So in even if you separate out /apps/foo and /apps/foo/gui/css into different bundles, depending on the order of install, you'll only have one of the directory structures present at the end. I stopped using ;overwrite:=true for this reason. I verified this now by adding the overwrite option to the espblog sample & all my custom scripts disappeared from apps (can someone else confirm this behavior?)

This may be desirable behavior in some situations, but many applications & modules are going to install content starting at /apps, so perhaps there should be a third option like 'update:=true', that does only an additive overwrite?

Regards,
Rory

Felix Meschberger wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
is it possible to load overlapping initial content from multiple bundles
when overwriting is enabled? E.g. if I have the following bundles with
content:

IIRC the initial content tree should be disjoint for different bundles
if overwrite is set.

  bundle "core": content/apps/foo/index.html
  bundle "gui":  content/apps/foo/gui/css/foo.css

When I install either of these bundles, the content of the other module
is removed. Is there any way around this, or do I have to disable
overwriting?

So maybe in your core bundle you should just provide
content/apps/foo/index.html while in the gui bundle you should provide
contetn/apps/foo/gui.

Hope this helps.

Rory Douglas | Senior Principal Consultant
Fax: +1-201-604-6428 | Mobile: +1-917-498-5344
Oracle North America Consulting
ORACLE United States | | San Diego, CA
"Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"