Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> The more I talk to Carsten, the more I realize that he and others are
> right - scripting is evil.
Hurray - welcome on board the ihatescripting club! It's a very exclusive
club though and we have a very difficult entrance test (write a blog
application without scripting). But I guess you'll manage that easily.
Just send me the code when you're done and you can enjoy the benefits of
never scripting again in your life! That's really awesome - trust me.

> Untyped variables, poorly-specified languages, weird "I told you we're
> dynamic" bugs...this does not really fit with our Enterprise strategy
> for Sling.
>
> With one exception, maybe...due to its inherent type safety, and
> available enterprise-level tooling, JSP is probably the only scripting
> language that deserves to stay.
Hmm, what about the good old XSP from Cocoon? I think we should replace
JSP with that.

> If we disagree on this (I hope we don't), we might envision two
> variants of Sling: the Enterprise version with no scripting (except
> JSP and validated engines, as indicated), and the
> shoot-yourself-in-the-foot version with no restrictions. And
> re-evaluate in a year from now.
Wow, that's a great idea - I can already imagine the Apache Sling SYITF
 distribution. Yes, big +1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler