Hi Ian

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Ian Boston <i...@caret.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have been looking at user manager and the way in which it stores users in
> the JCR.
>
> Is there a suitable place to perform a storage abstraction. At the moment
> users all go into 1 folder, and this might be ok for up to a few 1000. But
> we typically have 25K to 200K users on current installations, and are
> expecting in the region of 4-5M users on future installations.

Did you see UserManager.createUser(String userID, String password, Principal
principal, String intermediatePath) ? The userManager creates the nodes
according to the intermediatePath and places the new user below those nodes.
However, it seems that currently the root is
/rep:security/rep:authorizables/rep:users/admin and not
/rep:security/rep:authorizables/rep:users/ as I'd have expected.
There is also an anlog method for groups.

Marc