Hi,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> Being a new committer, I'm not sure how everything is supposed to be
> done. Can we (that is, I) apply the patch in SLING-880 [1], or does it
> need a review or a vote or something first?

Sling uses the CTR policy (commit-then-review, [1]) so you're free to
commit anything that you think is good for the project. If people
disagree, they may then ask you to revert or revise the change (don't
worry if this happens to you, it's just a sign that people pay
attention and that you're pushing the limits :-).

If you're working on some part of the code that you're not yet very
familiar with or you're otherwise not sure whether a change you're
about to make really works as expected, then you can voluntarily ask
people to review the patch before you commit it. If you don't hear
from anyone in a few days, then you can typically just assume lazy
consensus and go forward with the commit.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview

BR,

Jukka Zitting