Hi,

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> I think that Sling should be able to run on JCR 1.0 for a long time; we
> shouldn't tie us to a new version; however, of course we might have some
> optional functionality requiring JCR 2.0.

>From a functionality perspective JCR 1.0 already covers mostly
everything Sling needs, though there are a few things in JCR 2.0 like
the more flexible node type handling (setPrimaryType!) and improved
query features that may be of interest to Sling.

And regardless of the JCR API version, it probably makes sense for
Sling to upgrade to Jackrabbit 2.x once it's available.

BR,

Jukka Zitting