+1 Graduate

On May 18, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:

[X] +1 Graduate as a top level project

Felix Meschberger schrieb:
Hi all,

After the second release and an ever growing community, I think we are
ready to graduate from the Incubator.

At the beginning we entered the Incubator sponsored by the Apache
Jackrabbit project with the potential goal of graduating as a subproject to Jackrabbit. Over time, it showed, that Sling will have a life on its
own and that the communities of Jackrabbit and Sling are sufficiently
different.

As a consequence the common opinion of the PPMC is that Sling might best
graduate as an Apache Top Level Project. The PPMC has in the meantime
held a vote on proposing the first PMC chair and I have updated the
graduation-resolution-draft accordingly [1].

So here is the vote:

[ ] +1 Graduate as a top level project
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Don't graduate yet, because ....

The vote is open for the next 72 hours. Every vote is welcome,
especially votes from our Mentors. Only votes from PPMC members are
considered binding.

Thanks and Regards
Felix

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html