On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:

> Just a quick thought. I don't know much about KML, but from the docs
> it looks like a fairly simple XML format.

exactly it's just xml.

> Have you considered storing the KML data as JCR nodes, and not as KML files?
> That would certainly make it easier to implement advanced search
> features, as you describe.

You mean instead of creating a node /path/my_file.kml and store the
content there.
creates nodes like they are in the kml, for example, if kml looks like:

<kml>
<Folder>
<Folder>
<Placemark>...</Placemark>
</Folder>
</Folder>
</kml>

store them as jcr node like this ?
kml
|__ Folder
    |__Folder
        |__ Placemark

If that's what you meant, I didn't thought of this, why not... I need
to think about it...
search may be easier but that means I need to make some kind of
automatic parsing transformation to jcr ,nodes ?