Hi,

I am using i915 and 2.6.36-slitaz on one of my computers. It was updated a
month back. Everything is working nicely. I had some initial problems as I
missed one of the related packages. I don't remember which one but maybe
linux-drm or mesa-intel-* . Try using tazx. We need to update "DEPENDS" for
one of the receipts.

If that's not the problem in your case, then I believe this is caused due to
one of the more recent updates to the linux-*/ xorg-* packages.

~ Rohit

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM, GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, I'm using a live containing kernel 2.6.34 and xorg intel works well;
> So it looks like xorg packages have to be re-cooked; I'm pretty sure
> they havn't be compiled over the new kernel and it's probably where the
> problem come from.
>
> About the froze problem : is xorg-xf86-input-evdev installed on you're
> system ? are the files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d properly created at boot
> time ? Do you use any own-made configuration for Xorg ? Which flavor do
> you use ?
>
>
> O Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:34:21 -0500
> guilbault frederic <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > i got i915 too and i got problem with it first you have to update kernel
> >
> > for me that give xorg to launch but my mouse & keybord are frosen so im
> stuck there
> >
> > Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:17:50 +0800
> > Subject: [Cooking]can't use intel driver in xorg
> > From: [email protected]
> > To: [email protected]
> >
> > the error output is below :
> >
> > modrobe:can't load module i915
> (/lib/modules/2.6.36-slitaz/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915.ko.gz:unknow
> symbol in module or unknown parameter)
> > (EE) intel(0):No kernel modesetting driver detected
> >
> > (EE) Scree(s) found,but none have a usable configuration.
> >
>
> --
> GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]>
>
>
> ---
> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/
>
>

Reply via email to