We have finally fixed sakura! The iisue with not being able to get a prompt as a regular user was due to a permissions problem with /dev/pts -- the fix is to edit two files: 1) /etc/group -- change the GID for group 'tty' into 5, instead of whatever it is... 2) /etc/fstab -- change the entry for devpts from defaults to 'rw,gid=5,mode=620 Reboot, and it works the way it should.
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Indigo <[email protected]> wrote: > I do remember this happening in one of my installs, but I don't > remember what I did to fix it. There's not much to the program, > anyway, as it's only dependencies are vte and gtk. However, I do find > one problem with the slitaz version is that when > ~/.config/sakura/sakura.conf is created, it's completely blank, except > for the [sakura] heading. If, for some reason, you don't have a > .config folder, or if the permissions are wrong, this could cause a > problem, otherwise the file is created, and sakura starts, anyway. > For reference, this is the default sakura.conf, some version of which > should be included with slitaz: > > [sakura] > forecolor=#c0c0c0 > backcolor=#000000 > backalpha=65535 > opacity_level=80 > fake_transparency=No > background=none > font=monospace 11 > show_always_first_tab=No > scrollbar=false > closebutton=false > audible_bell=Yes > visible_bell=No > blinking_cursor=No > word_chars=-A-Za-z0-9,./?%&#_~ > palette=linux > add_tab_accelerator=5 > del_tab_accelerator=5 > switch_tab_accelerator=8 > copy_accelerator=5 > scrollbar_accelerator=5 > open_url_accelerator=5 > add_tab_key=T > del_tab_key=W > prev_tab_key=Left > next_tab_key=Right > new_window_key=N > copy_key=C > paste_key=V > scrollbar_key=S > fullscreen_key=F11 > > > However, something definitely isn't working right. I copied this into > /home/tux/.config/sakura/sakura.conf, and it made no difference at all > -- so, I changed to blinking_cursor=Yes, but that doesn't make a > difference, either. I don't know what options were used to build this > package, but it should be pretty simple. > > So, I removed the sakura package and built it from source. Now, > everything works the way it should... but I don't know why. I suspect > the tazpkg was built on older versions of vte or something, but I > don't know why a recook wouldn't fix that. It's strange that it > doesn't seem to even look at sakura.conf -- and the version I built is > the same, not an upgrade. > > I'm not sure if this is very helpful, but thought I'd contribute... > > > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM, GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> wrote: >> Hi, >> >> This problem come from vte, which is used by Sakura. I have the same problem >> with lxterminal. >> It works well as root, but as normal user it output this error : >> ** (vte:9178): WARNING **: Failed to fork: grantpt failed: Erreur de format >> pour exec() >> >> Note : Erreur de format pour exec() = format error for exec() >> >> I updated vte and was thinking that recook it can solve the problem - but it >> doesn't. >> I can't find what's wrong here. >> >> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:15:29 +0800 >> ___________W <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Oh, I forgot to say that the Version of Slitaz what I at using is >>> Cooking-20101104.. >>> >>> I'm sure I have this bug indeed.. >>> >>> I'll try the sakura -l command later..thanks for your reply.. >>> >>> 2010/11/12, Indigo <[email protected]>: >>> > I have never had a problem with sakura, and it's my chosen terminal >>> > emulator -- I wonder if you're starting it as root, or what? There is >>> > a configuration file in the ~/ directory, but you can also try >>> > starting it with: sakura -l <--that would give you a login prompt. >>> > Do report back if you can't figure out what's going on, and I will >>> > help you troubleshoot the problem... >>> > >>> >> after i installed sakura terminal...and execute it.. >>> >> >>> >> it can't be show the prompt & can not be input anything too.. >>> >> >>> > >>> > --- >>> > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ >>> > >>> > >>> >>> --- >>> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ >>> >> >> >> -- >> GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> >> >> --- >> SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ >> >> > --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

