> I open a new thread, > > On 25/12/2010 18:36, [email protected] wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Can you try the following (I assume your usb key is /dev/usbkey, it >> should >> be /dev/sda, /dev/sdb or /dev/sdc, see >> http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:dvd#hybrid-iso too) >> >> # wget http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/undigest/slitaz-core-loram-cdrom.iso >> # dd if=slitaz-core-loram-cdrom.iso of=/dev/usbkey >> ( or 'cp slitaz-core-loram-cdrom.iso /dev/usbkey') >> # fdisk /dev/usbkey ... >> >> And try to boot from the usb key. >> >> -pascal >> > Yes, I did, but I don't understand what I am supposed to do with > > fdisk /dev/usbkey > > *after* the dd > > http://doc.slitaz.org/en:guides:dvd#hybrid-iso gives no details.
Ok. Try # fdisk /dev/usbkey n<enter> p<enter> 2<enter> <enter> <enter> w<enter> And you will get a 2nd partition with the remining storage. > I thought that dd would have erased the mbr and partition table, but it > seems that it's not the case. The usb key seems unmodified (and boots > puppy as before !) Hm... I said /dev/usbkey but it does mean /dev/sda, /dev/sdb ... or something like that according to your system... > But I found bugs in tazlito build-loram ( /sys and /dev/sdxx are > missing in initramfs ) , this bugs do no harm on real cdrom because > because /dev/hdc does exists on the initramfs, but have to be corrected > for usb. /sys bug has been fixed 3 days ago and /dev/sdxx is useless (but doesn't heart) : we need a /dev/sdx > I have applied my patch to tazlito, and I am happy with my > loram-smallcdrom on usb I am using now on Mac or Dell computer. > > However, I can't try on less than 512M because VirtualBox doesn't boot > out of USB. I does not remind if kvm is able to do so. The only way I Append mem=32m to the kernel cmdline. The kernel will assume you have only 32MB of RAM. > boot is with rootfs.gz beeing copied in RAM, so after boot, it works > exactly like loram-ram. I will try "keep-loram" which means "don't copy > roofs.gz in RAM". Right. --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

