On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:34:41 +0100 Christophe Lincoln <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi, > > > Most repos have been erased and bb interface is no more online. > > I'm trying to setup a sandbox, making a chroot and building a toolchain > to eventually be able to build the first package on Tank, and that from > about 3 days now... > > Yesterday I veven could use the sandbox (as explained in a private > mail), nothing could be done... so I thought I must recreate the > sandbox, chroot, etc and I removed the sandbox, but with the way things > works with new tools /home/slitaz is mounted into the sandbox so > everything have been removed (nearly, dont know why some dir are still > there). > > I think it show that new tools can be dangerous for the host and are > not ready for production. Did you see all trouble we had and we still > did'n build anything. I belive in new tools, but there seems not inuf > mature to used them on Tank. I can't accept to endorse problem I didn't create ! When yo run rm -r on a dir with mounted dir into it, it erases all. rm -r **IS** dangerous, it's in all GNU/Linux manuals, and everybody using shell experimented this at least one time... We created this sandbox manually and we don't have any clue about why it stopped to works. My scripts where not used to manage it, so how can you say it's their fault ??? > Maybe you should have tools working only in a chroot, without being > installed on the main host. Now we need tazwok-experimental installed > on host to make things work. Before I just create a chroot and then > install build bot into it, tazwok/tazbb are not needed on host and I > just do symlink to have packages available from main host. > > The BUG now for me is that I cant use original tazwok to build the wok > but must use tazwok-experimental due do to imcompatible receipt. > > Now I will try to make a chroot as before (tazdev gen-chroot) and use > experimental to build package but without bootstraping the toolchain > and without any sandbox. Or you might have an other suggestion ? Yes. We success to create this sandbox and run tazwok cook-toolchain into it two days ago. A bug in the last release prevented to run the cook-toolchain until end, so I fixed it and as I tell you I builded a toolchain successfully with this fix; and now you want to let fall all we did to make it works and use it in a way nobody tried... Are you gonna to tell it's my bad if it didn't works then ? (ok, it's ironic, I'm sure that no) So my suggestion is getting back this sandbox, cook the toolchain as planned, cook packages we need to make iso and release them, then cook the whole repository :) > > -- > > GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> > > - Christophe > > --- > SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ > -- GoKhlaYeh <[email protected]> --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

