Thx for the explanation. a) Do not waste your time re-doing base iso. I will wait until next cooking is ready. I am so excited trying it, but can wait. No problem.
And as suggested by Pascal, I downloaded latest cooking from here: http://mirror.slitaz.org/iso/rolling/slitaz-core.iso Then I created a LiveUsb from it. I will use it by now and report bugs and comments to: http://bugs.slitaz.org/ b) I am really glad you find out udev bug. Moreover, I am looking for knowing what was the problem and what solution you have found. ;-) c) I am wondering if updating doc right now is really a good idea. I mean, would it not be better to wait for the cooking be ready? I am saying this because I am not sure about what will be really/finally supplied. For example, few months ago, some people were talking about grub2 instead of grub... And it is always better to test every step when writing a doc. Cheers. Stephane ________________________________________ De : Listengine [[email protected]] de la part de Christophe Lincoln [[email protected]] Date d'envoi : vendredi 13 mai 2011 20:31 À : [email protected] Objet : Re: what about the next cooking? > Hi guys, Hi Stéphane, > I am wondering if anyone could tell me when next cooking would be > available for testing (I mean newest than the on of 29th of March)? > If already available, please give me a link where to download. Thx > Stephane The rolling release use current mirror packages but now I rebuild 80% of all packages, we have to make a bunch of fix and we will do a new Cooking using these last packages. I alredy did some base/text mode ISO to checj if new packages cooked by cookutils are fine and the iso boot fine but we can't make a iso with X at the moment. We cant make X working because udev dont build (udev have bug from a too long time in slitaz), it dont build because usbutils dont build as well due to a missing/unrefered function in the Kernel, so we may have found the source of the udev bug, at least I hope. But if it can help, I can redo base iso with new packages and put them on the mirror ? - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/ --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

