I update my kernel yesterday to 2.6.38.8. I added linux-patch receipt to
just download the security patch. This also helps in that we just have the
base kernel 2.6.38 source and we can keep updating kernel without much
trouble.

One problem i didn't fix yet is for every minor update we will have to
rebuild all the 3rd party modules. We can fix this but this means that uname
-a will always print out in 2.6.38-slitaz format instead of 2.6.38.x-slitaz.
Maybe best to do it the arch way i think so we don't have to rebuild every
3rd party module for every kernel security update. Just saying it will make
the update a bit easier for users too since modules shouldn't break if there
still using a older 2.6.38.x version.

The kernel and linux-api-headers updates:
https://bitbucket.org/godane/wok-tank/changeset/b69fb529a8fa

linux-patch so get source options works in both tazwok and cook:
https://bitbucket.org/godane/wok-tank/changeset/afba01c0bf15

aufs update: (I had to reverse the $kvers variable in this receipt since i
have not updated tazwok version yet.)
https://bitbucket.org/godane/wok-tank/changeset/aea6be06f18b

I didn't update freeinitrd or unlzma patches. I don't know if my kernel will
work with official slitaz but at least i does work with my slitaz-modular
project for testing right now. If you can send me updated patches for these
i will see if it works right.

I hope this helps.

PS If we do the 2.6.38-slitaz type format i perfer that we don't use the
version number in linux-api-headers. Only cause we can at least update the
kernel for security reasons without rebuilding everything. Also the all
kernel version should be based on linux version not linux-api-headers. Thats
how all 3rd party modules are sed anyway. Just makes better sense when
updating minor patch version anyway.

Reply via email to